DESIGN OUR FIRST STAIR MURAL
As a beacon for creatives in the big city, our Soho store is the perfect environment to highlight the diverse talent within our NYC community. What better place to do this than right at our doorstep?
As part of an ongoing project, we are seeking submissions for our first stair mural at our Soho store. Working with the natural urban canvas—6 steps leading up to the store entrance—we are looking for designs that reflect Alternative’s values: EMPOWERMENT, PLAY, IMPACT.
Rise to the occasion and show us what EMPOWERMENT, PLAY, IMPACT look like to you.
What's the Award?
- $500 cash
- $100 Alternative gift certificate
- Artist credit on our store window + bio on display inside the store
- Feature on our blog, Common Thread
How to Apply:
- Email your submission to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Include a pdf or jpg file of your design with a brief explanation
- Optional: include your Instagram handle and/or a link to your website
- Submissions will be accepted until April 6, 2015
- Winner will be announced April 10, 2015
Rules for Entry:
- Artists must be local to the NYC/Tri-state area and be available to execute design by April 20th. Submissions will be accepted until April 6th.
- Three finalists will be selected by Alternative based on the following criteria: adherence to theme, aesthetic fit and feasibility of execution.
- Public voting will open April 7th. A winner will be announced April 10th.
- 6 steps total
- Width: 8’
- Stair depth: 11”
- Stair height: 8”
DEADLINE TO APPLY
April 6, 2015
April 13, 2015
April 22, 2015
DESIGN COMPLETE BY
April 30, 2015
281 Lafayette St
New York, NY